Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
P, Q, R, S, T, V, W and Z are eight friends studying in three different engineering colleges – A, B and C in three disciplines – Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics with not less than two and not more than three in any college. Not more than three of them study in any of the three disciplines. W studies Electrical in college B with only T, who studies Mechanical. P and Z do not study in college C and study in the same discipline but not Electrical. R studies Mechanical in college C with V, who studies Electrical. S studies Mechanical and does not study in the same college where R studies. Q does not study Electronics.
EXPLANATION College Student A P(Electronics), Z (Electronics), S(Mechanical) B W (Electrical), T (Mechanical) C R (Mechanical), V (Electrical), Q (Electrical)
A P(Electronics), Z (Electronics), S(Mechanical)
B W (Electrical), T (Mechanical)
C R (Mechanical), V (Electrical), Q (Electrical)
Q1. Which of the following combinations of college-student-specialisation is correct?
1) C-R-Electronics 2) A-Z-Electrical 3) B-W-Electronics 4) B-W-Electrical 5) B-Z-Electronics
Q2. In which of the following colleges do two students study in Electrical discipline?
1) A only 2) B only 3) C only 4) Cannot be determined 5) None of these
Q3. In which discipline does Q study?
1) Electrical 2) Mechanical 3) Electrical or Mechanical 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
Q4. In which of the colleges at least one student studies in Mechanical discipline?
1) A only 2) B only 3) C only 4) Both A and B 5) All A, B and C
Q5. S studies in which college?
1) A 2) B 3) A or B 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
Answers 1. 4 2. 3 3. 1 4. 5 5. 1