Directions (Q.1-4): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
A word and number arrangement machine when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. The following is an illustration of input and rearrangement.
(All the numbers are two digits numbers)
Input: tall 48 13 rise alt 99 76 32 wise jar high 28 56 barn
StepI 13 tall 48 rise 99 76 32 wise jar high 28 56 barn alt
StepII 28 13 tall 48 rise 99 76 32 wise jar high 56 alt barn
StepIII 32 28 13 tall 48 rise 99 76 wise jar 56 alt barn high
StepIV 48 32 28 13 tall rise 99 76 wise 56 alt barn high jar
StepV 56 48 32 28 13 tall 99 76 wise alt barn high jar rise
StepVI 76 56 48 32 28 13 99 wise alt barn high jar rise tall
StepVII 99 76 56 48 32 28 13 alt barn high jar rise tall wise.
And Step VII is the last step of the above input, as the desired arrangement is obtained.
A per the rules following in the above steps, find out in each of the following questions the appropriate step for the given input.
Input 84 why sit 14 32 not best ink feet 51 27 vain 68 92
(All the numbers are two digits numbers)
Q1. Which step number is the following output?
32 27 14 84 why sit not 51 vain 92 68 feet best ink
(1) Step V (2) Step VI (3) Step IV (4) Step III (5) There is no such step
Q2. Which word/number would be at 5th position from the right in Step V?
(1) 14 (2) 92 (3) feet (4) best (5) why
Q3. How many elements (words or numbers) are there between ‘feet’ and ‘32’ as they appear in the last step of the output?
(1) One (2) Three (3) Four (4) Five (5) Seven
Q4. Which of the following represents the position of ‘why’ in the fourth step?
(1) Eight from the left (2) Fifth from the right (3) Sixth from the left (4) Fifth from the left
(5) Seventh from the left
Directions (Q.5-10) Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
• A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circle facing the centre but not necessarily in the same order.
• B sits seconds to left of H’s husband. No female is an immediate neighbour of B.
• D’s daughter sits second to right of F. F is the sister of G. F is not an immediate neighbour of H’s husband.
• Only one person sits between A and F. A is the father of G. H’s brother D sits to the immediate left of H’s mother.Only one person sits between H’s mother and E.
• Only one person sits between H and G. G is the mother of C. G is not an immediate neighbour of E.
Q5. What is position of A with respect to his mother-in-law?
(1) Immediate left (2) Third to the right (3) Third to the left (4) Second to the right (5) Fourth to the left
Q6. Who amongst the following is D’s daughter?
(1) B (2) C (3) E (4) G (5) H
Q7. What is the position of A with respect to his grandchild?
(1) Immediate right (2) Third to the right (3) Third to the left (4) Second to the left (5) Fourth to the left
Q8. How many people sit between G and her uncle?
(1) One (2) Two (3) Three (4) Four (5) More than four
Q9. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based of the given information and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(1) F (2) C (3) E (4) H (5) G
Q10.Who sits to the immediate left of C?
(1) F’s grandmother (2) G’s son (3) D’s mother-in-law (4) A (5) G
Answers 1. 5 2. 4 3. 2 4. 3 5. 4 6. 3 7. 1 8. 3 9. 2 10.1
1. 5 2. 4 3. 2 4. 3 5. 4 6. 3 7. 1 8. 3 9. 2 10.1
Q1.She________________ English for three years next month.(Study)
1. study 2. studying 3. will have been studing 4. will be studying 5. will study
Q2. I ___________________ a football match next Sunday afternoon.(Watch)
1. watching 2. watch 3. have watched 4. would watching 5. will be watching
Q3. The library ___________ at eight.(open)
1. opens 2. will be opened 3. opened 4. get open 5. opening
Q4. She _____________ at that institution for three years.(Study)
1. have been studying 2. has been studying 3. will be studying 4. was studying 5. would study
Q5. He _______________ there for more than two hours, when she finally arrived.(Wait)
1. has been waiting 2. have been waiting 3. had been waiting 4. will be waiting 5. were wait
Q6. I am __________ a book, it’s a nice book.(Read)
1. read 2. reading 3. was read 4. will be reading 5. should read
Q7. we __________ on the phone for ten minutes.(Talk)
1. talking 2. would talk 3. should talk 4. talk 5. talked
Q8. Yesterday evening I ______________a film, when someone knocked on the door.(Watch)
1. was watching 2.watched 3. watching 4. have watching 5. should watched
Q9. He passed the exam because he _____________ very hard.(work)
1. worked 2. will have worked 3. had worked 4. have worked 5. should worked
Q10. By the end of this weekend, I _______________ my lessons.(Revise)
1. revise 2. revised 3. was revising 4. will have revised 5. would revised
Answers 1.3 2.5 3.1 4.2 5.3 6.2 7.5 8.1 9.3 10.4
1.3 2.5 3.1 4.2 5.3 6.2 7.5 8.1 9.3 10.4
Q1. Which of the following is/are modifier keys in a computer?
(a) Ctrl (b) Alt (c) Shift (d) Both (b) and (c) (e) All of the above
Q2. Which type of system can learn and adjust to new circumstances by themselves?
(a) Database management system (b) Expert systems (c) Geographical systems (d) Neural networks
(e) File based systems
Q3. In PROM, P stands for?
(a) Plausible (b) Program (c) Programmable (d) Proper (e) Preferred
Q4. Inheritance is the ability of an object to pass on its characteristics to its ____________.
(a) subclasses (b) off-spring (c) super classes (d) parents (e) none of the above
Q5. Deleted data remains on a disk until _________.
(a) the data is overwritten (b) the recycle bin is emptied (c) a file compression utility is used
(d) the disk is scanned (e) None of the above
Q6. The most widely used type of database management system is the:
(a) Flat database (b) Network database (c) Relational database (d) Hierarchical database
(e) None of the above
Q7.__________ is a self-contained step-by-step set of operations to be performed.
a) Algorithm b) Application software c) Network topology d) System Software e) Utility software
Q8. __________ ports connect special types of music instruments to sound cards.
(a) MIDI (b) CPU (c) USB (d) BUS (e) OCR
Q9. Which of the following is a storage device that uses rigid, permanently installed magnetic disks to store data/information?
(a) Floppy diskette (b) Hard disk (c) Permanent disk (d) Optical disk (e) None of the above
Q10. What is the new default font used in MS Word document?
a) Times New Roman b) Arial c) Algerian d) Preeti e) Calibri
Q11. WORM stands for?
(a) Write Once Read Many (b) Wanted Once Read Memory (c) Wanted Original Read Memory
(d) Write Original Read Memory (e) None of the above
Q12. The ______ button on the Quick Access Toolbar allows you to cancel your recent commands or activities.
(a) Search (b) Cut (c) Undo (d) Redo (e) Shift
Q13. Which among the following is a Super computer series developed by Indian scientists?
(a) Param (b) Super30l (c) Compaq Presario (d) Cray YMP (e) Blue Gene
Q14. An error in a computer program is called a _________.
(a) crash (b) power failure (c) bug (d) virus (e) fatal error
Q15. What is a cursor?
(a) It is an indicator (b) It shows the position on a computer monitor (c) Cursor is Latin for ‘runner.
(d) Both (a) and (b) (e) All of the above
Answers 1.e 2.d 3.c 4.a 5.b 6.c 7.a 8.a 9.b 10.e 11.a 12.c 13.a 14.c 15.e
1.e 2.d 3.c 4.a 5.b 6.c 7.a 8.a 9.b 10.e 11.a 12.c 13.a 14.c 15.e