Q1.An article when sold for Rs. 200 fetches 25 percent profit.What would be the percentage profit/loss if 6 such articles are sold for Rs. 1056?
(a) 10% loss (b) 10% profit (c) 5% loss (d) 5% profit (e) None
Q2.Ben purchased 125 stools at the rate of Rs. 120 per stool.The transport expenditure was @ Rs.10 for 5 stools. He paid an octroi @ Rs.2 per stool and coolie charges were Rs. 250. What should be the selling price of each stool, if he wants profit of 10%?
(a) Rs. 125 (b) Rs. 145 (c) Rs. 150 (d) Rs. 140 (e) None
Q3.If 7% of the sale price of an article is equivalent to 8% of its cost price and 9% of its sale price exceeds 10% of its cost price by Rs.1, then the cost price of the article is
(a) Rs.350 (b) Rs.550 (c) Rs.300 (d) Rs.280 (e) none of these
Q4.A man sells a horse for Rs.600 gaining there by 1/5 th of the selling price.At what price would he have sold it to lose 1/4 th of the then selling price?
(a) Rs.384 (b) Rs.350 (c) Rs.375 (d) Rs.348 (e) Rs.400
Q5.A house costs C rupees. Later it was sold for a profit of 33. What is the capital gains tax if it is 50% of the profit?
(a) C/24 (b) C/6 (c) 2C/3 (d) 3C/16 (e) None of these
Q6.John buys a telephone handset for Rs. 600 from Kolkata and sells it at Ranchi at a gain of 25%. If his overhead expenses are 6% of the selling price, then he sold the telephone handset for
(a) Rs. 1000 (b) Rs. 786 (c) Rs. 750 (d) Rs. 795 (e) Rs. 714
Q7.A shopkeeper earns a profit of 12% on selling a book at 10% discount on the printed price. The ratio of the cost price and the printed price of the book is:
(a) 45 : 56 (b) 50 : 61 (c) 99 : 125 (d) 36 : 79 (e) 63 : 92
Q8.Anindita sells her car for Rs. 5 lakhs and loses something. Had she sold it for Rs. 5.60 lakh, her gain would have been double the former loss. Find the cost price of the car.
(a) Rs. 5.50 lakhs (b) Rs. 6.20 lakhs (c) Rs. 5.20 lakhs (d) Rs. 5.40 lakhs (e) None
Q9.A dishonest milkman buys milk at Rs. 6 per liter and adds one third of water to it and sells the mixture at Rs. 7.20 per liter. The gain is:
(a) 40% (b) 80/3% (c) 60% (d) 25% (e) 20%
Q10.A trader had 6 quintals of rice. He sold a part of it at 7% profit and the rest at 17% profit, so that he made a total profit of 11%. How much rice did he sell at 17% profit?
(a) 200 kg (b) 220 kg (c) 240 kg (d) 260 kg (e) None of these
Answers 1.b 2.e 3.a 4.a 5.b 6.d 7.a 8.c 9.c 10.c
1.b 2.e 3.a 4.a 5.b 6.d 7.a 8.c 9.c 10.c
Directions (Questions 1 to 5) : Read the following information to answer the given questions:
Seven children A, B, C, D, E, F and G are standing in a line. G is to the right of D and to the left of B. A is on the right of C. A and D have one child between them. E and B have two children between them. D and F have two children between them.
Q1.Who is on the extreme right?
a. B b. E c. F d. G e. A
Q2.Who is exactly in the middle?
a. A b. C c. D d. E e. B
Q3.Who is on the extreme left?
a. A b. B c. C d. D e. E
Directions (Questions 4 to 5) : Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :
Six friends A, B, C, D, E and F are sitting in a row facing towards North. C is sitting between A and E. D is not at the end. B is sitting immediate right to E. F is not at the right end.
Q4.How many persons are there to the right of D?
a. One b. Two c. Three d. Four e. None of these
Q5.Which of the following pairs is sitting to one side of D?
a. FB b. FC c. FE d. Cannot be determined e. None of these
Directions (Questions 6 to 10): Read the following information carefully and answer the question that follow :
Six lectures A, B, C, D, E and F are to be organized in a span of seven days – from Sunday to Saturday, only one lecture on each day in accordance with the following:
(i) A should not be organized on Thursday.
(ii) C should be organised immediately after F.
(iii)There should be a gap of two days between E and D.
(iv) One day there will be no lecture (Friday is not that day), just before that day D will be organised.
(v) B should be organised on Tuesday and should not be followed by D.
Q6.On which day there is no lecture?
a. Monday b. Friday c. Sunday d. Cannot be determined e. None of these
Q7.How many lectures are organised between C and D?
a. None b. One c. Two d. Three e. None of these
Q8.Which day will the lecture F be organised?
a. Thursday b. Friday c. Saturday d. Sunday e. None of these
Q9.Which of the following is the last lecture in the series?
a. A b. B c. C d. Cannot be determined e. None of these
Q10.Which of the following information is not required in finding the complete sequence of organization of lectures?
a. (i) only b. (ii) only c. (i) and (ii) only d. (v) only e. All are required
Answers 1. c 2. c 3. c 4. d 5. e 6. a 7. d 8. a 9. a 10. e
1. c 2. c 3. c 4. d 5. e 6. a 7. d 8. a 9. a 10. e
Directions (1-5): Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below each sentence should replace the word/phrase printed in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct. If the sentence is correct as it is given and ‘No correction is required’, mark (5) as the answer.
Q1. The industrialization process underwent a sea change during the 19th century.
(1) a sea of change (2) a sea changes (3) a sea changed (4) at sea change (5) No correction required
Q2. The solution to my problem is a long-term one which can only be tackle by official agencies.
(1) only is tackle (2) only be tackled (3) only tackle (4) tackle (5) No correction required
Q3. The employer wanted to strike balance between withholding his position and getting into a rapid exchange of opinions.
(1) strike a balance (2) striking balance (3) have stroked a balance (4) have strike balance
(5) No correction required
Q4. The students of the football team engaged in playing fairly.
(1) playing fair (2) fair play (3) fairness play (4) fairness (5) No correction required
Q5. As good luck will have it, it did not rain on the day of the wedding.
(1) good luck has it (2) good luck having (3) good luck have it (4) good luck would have it
(5) No correction required
Directions (6-10): Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete in the context of the sentence.
Q6. A mixed economy implies the …….. of a state enterprise and free enterprise, and cannot mean a wholly state- dominated economy.
(1) juxtaposition (2) existence (3) collation (4) harmony (5) co-existence
Q7. Government spokesmen always assure us that ideology plays no part in their economic policies, but the evidence to the contrary is ……..
(1) negligible (2) understandable (3) reasonable (4) commendable (5) overwhelming
Q8. The interest of the nation as a …… must prevail over the interest of the few.
(1) section (2) whole (3) part (4) society (5) unit
Q9. The murderer appeared to be tongue-tied and … when it was his turn to speak.
(1) detailed (2) shy (3) talkative (4) exhaustive (5) inarticulate
Q10. It helps to do some … work before giving a competitive examination.
(1) sorting (2) organized (3) preparatory (4) relaxed (5) strenuous
Q1. Pop-ups are a form of ________on the World Wide Web?
1. Online Advertising 2. Search Engines 3. Browsers 4. Mark-up Languages 5. Instant Messaging
Q2. Which of the following displays the contents of the active cell?
1. Active cell 2. Name box 3. Menu bar 4. Formula bar 5. None of the above
Q3. What are programs such as Internet Explorer that serve as navigable windows into the Web called as?
1. Hypertext 2. Web browsers 3. Internet 4. Networks 5. Windows Navigator
Q4. Which of the following statement is closely related to Gmail?
1. It is an email client by Google 2. It is an email client by Gopher 3. It is an email client by Gomail
4. It is an email client by Yahoo 5. None of the above
Q5. To reverse the effect of your last action in word, ____________.
1. use the cut command 2. use the Undo command 3. press the delete key 4. use the Redo command
5. None of the above
Q6. What is MP3?
1. A mouse 2. A Printer 3. A Scanner 4. A Sound format 5. None of the above
Q7. In which topology all the nodes are attached in a circular arrangement?
1. Star topology 2. Bus topology 3. Network topology 4. Ring topology 5. None of the above
Q8. Which of the following number system has base-8?
1. Unary number system 2. Binary number system 3. Octal number system 4. All of the above
5. None of the above
Q9. What does VPN stand for?
1. Virtual Personal Network 2. Very Private Network 3. Virtual Private Network 4. Vicious Personal Network
5. None of the above
Q10. Which of the following statement is related to plotter?
1. It is an input device to produce good quality graphics 2. It is an output device to produce drawings and graphics
3. It is a fast output device using camera lenses 4. All of the above 5. None of the above
Answers 1.1 2.4 3.2 4.1 5.2 6.4 7.4 8.3 9.3 10.2
1.1 2.4 3.2 4.1 5.2 6.4 7.4 8.3 9.3 10.2