Directions (Q. 1 -5) : In of these questions, two equations I and II with variables x and y are given. You have to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y mark answer if
1) If x > y 2) If x >= y 3) If x < y 4) If x <= y 5) If x = y or the relationship can’t be established.
Q1. I. √x – √8/√x = 0 II. y^3 – (8)^3/2 = 0
Q2. I. √(x + 7) = √144 – √49 II. y^2 + 188 = 512
Q3. I. 4x – 2y = 10 II. x – y = 3
Q4. I. y^3 – 500 = 1228 II. x^2 – 500 = –211
Q5. I. y^2 – 15y + 56 = 0 II. x^2 + 10x + 21 = 0
Directions (Q. 6-10) : What should come in place of question mark (?) in the following number series?
Q6. 4 10 30 ? 420 2110
1) 105 2) 102 3) 104 4) 108 5) 109
Q7. 50 25 ? 37.5 75 187.5
1) 20 2) 40 3) 25 4) 22 5) 26
Q8. 18 55 167 504 4553
1) 1516 2) 1416 3) 1316 4) 1616 5) 1716
Q9. 318 158 ? 38 18 8
1) 68 2) 78 3) 58 4) 48 5) 55
Q10. 5 36 ? 1093 4376 13133
1) 74 2) 515 3) 218 4) 219 5) 220
Answers 1. 5 2. 2 3. 3 4. 5 5. 3 6. 2 7. 3 8. 1 9. 2 10. 3
1. 5 2. 2 3. 3 4. 5 5. 3 6. 2 7. 3 8. 1 9. 2 10. 3
Directions(1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
K, L, M, P, Q, R, S and T are sitting around a square table in such a way that four of them sit at four corners of the square while four sit in the middle of each of the four sides. The ones who sit at the four corners face outside while those who sit in the middle of the sides face the centre of the table. P sits third to the right of S. S faces the centre. Q sits third to the left of M. M does not sit in the middle of the sides. Only one person sits between Q and R. R is not an immediate neighbor of M. T face the centre. K is not an immediate neighbor of R.
Q1.What is position of M with respect to L ?
1) Third to the right 2) M and L sit diagonally opposite to each other 3) Second to the right 4) Second to the left 5) Fifth to the right
Q2.Who sits exactly between Q and R ?
1) T 2) P 3) K 4) M 5) S and K
Q3.Which of the following pairs represents the persons seated in the middle of the sides who face each other ?
1) S, Q 2) K, L 3) M, P 4) R, T 5) T, Q
Q4.Who amongst the following sit between R and K when counted in anti-clockwise direction from K ?
1) No one sits between R and K as R and K are immediate neighbours of each other
2) S, P and L 3) P and Q 4) L and R 5) M, S and T
Q5.If K is made to face the opposite direction, who would sit to his immediate right ?
1) R 2) Q 3) P 4) T 5) S
Directions(6-7) : Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Eight people S, R, N, L, M, T, O and P are sitting in a circle facing the centre. All eight belong to different professions ___ reporter, doctor, cricketer, teacher, accountant, shopkeeper, painter and supervisor. They are not necessarily seated in the mentioned order.
M is sitting third to the left of O. The doctor is to the immediate right of M and M is not a reporter. R is sitting fourth to the right of P. Neither R nor P is an immediate neighbour of M. T is a teacher and is sitting third to the right of the doctor. The shopkeeper is sitting second to the left of the teacher. The painter is sitting second to the left of M. S the cricketer is sitting exactly between T and P. The accountant is sitting second to the right of the cricketer. N is sitting third to the left of T.
Q6.Who amongst the following is a reporter?
1)O 2)L 3)N 4)R 5)None of these
Q7.What is S’s position with respect to R?
1)Third to the right 2)Second to the right 3)Third to the left 4)second to the left 5)Fourth to the right
Q8.How many people are sitting between P and N when counted in an anti-clockwise direction from N?
1)One 2)Two 3)Three 4)Four 5)None
Q9.Four of the following five pairs alike in a certain way based on their positions in the above arrangement and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to the group?
1)Teacher – Painter 2)Supervisor – Shopkeeper 3)Cricketer – Reporter 4)Doctor – Accountant
5)Shopkeeper – Doctor
Q10.Which one of the following statements is false according to the above mentioned arrangement?
1)N is to the immediate right of the supervisor 2)The cricketer is third to the right of the shopkeeper
3)The doctor is sitting exactly between the supervisor and the accountant 4)L is neither a teacher nor a supervisor
5)There are only three people between S and N
Answers 1. 4 2. 2 3. 5 4. 3 5. 2 6. 1 7. 1 8. 4 9. 5 10.3
1. 4 2. 2 3. 5 4. 3 5. 2 6. 1 7. 1 8. 4 9. 5 10.3
Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), € and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions which follow.
1. Had it been not for them, Indian banks would have had their hands tied down.
2. Today, almost all the countries are facing the heat of recession.
3. One of these is the strict RBI and SEBI rules which regulated banking sector very efficiently.
4. This could have led to massive losses to them, which could have percolated to other sectors as well.
5. However, there are a few things which help India in bouncing back from the state of recession.
6. Like others, India too has not remained immune to the epidemic.
Q1. Which of the following sentence should be the THIRD after rearrangement?
(a) A (b) E (c) D (d) F (e) C
Q2. Which of the following sentence should be the FIRST after rearrangement?
(a) A (b) B (c) C (d) D (e) E
Q3. Which of the following sentence should be the SECOND after rearrangement?
(a) A (b) B (c) D (d) E (e) F
Q4. Which of the following sentence should be the SIXTH(LAST) after rearrangement?
(a) A (b) E (c) D (d) B (e) F
Q5. Which of the following sentence should be the FIFTH after rearrangement?
(a) B (b) C (c) A (d) E (e) F
Directions (Q. 6-10): Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
Q6. Vision is usually…………….most effectively when many different…………….are used.
(a) developed, manifestations (b) adapted, organizations (c) communicated, vehicles (d) exhibited, forms (e) described, thought
Q7. The human mind is never…………….; it advances or it…………….
(a) absolute, diminishes (b) dynamic, stops (c) perfect, disintegrates (d) stationary, retrogrades
(e) happy, decomposes
Q8. it would be impossible for us to continue living in this world if each of us…………….exactly what fate had in …………….for him.
(a) follow, plan (b) appreciate, strategy (c) design, anticipation (d) visualize, hidden (e) knew, store
Q9. It is the …………….of selfishness for men, whofully…………….in their own case the great advantages of good education, to deny these advantages to women.
(a) follow, plan (b) height, appreciate (c) height, assimilate (d) degree, appreciate (e) level, advance
Q10. The learner should be…………….to take a small first step, one that will provide immediate success and …………….the learning.
(a) encouraged, reinforce (b) forced, organise (c) directed, reorganize (d) cautioned, reinforce
(e) encouraged, acknowledge
Q11. The opposition leader tried (a)/ to bolster his position (b)/ with the voters by pressing (c)/ corruption charges against rivals. (d)/ No error (e)
Q12. The recently imposed dress code (a)/ in the university has enraged (b)/ the students who will be going (c)/ on strike since tomorrow. (d)/ No error (e)
Q13. Ever since he took over (a)/ as the chief minister of the state, (b)/ rate for unemployment (c)/ has drastically increased. (d)/ No error (e)
Q14. Although the brilliant writer (a)/ an underlying (b)/ pessimism prevails in (c)/ all her novels. (d)/ No error (e)
Q15. Changed social setting (a)/ demands the schools to teach (b)/ moral and social values (c)/ among with the academic skills. (d)/ No error (e)
Answers 1.b 2.b 3.e 4.c 5.c 6.d 7.d 8.e 9.b 10.a
1.b 2.b 3.e 4.c 5.c 6.d 7.d 8.e 9.b 10.a
Q1. What is ASCII is?
1. Numbering system for representing numbers with decimals.
2. Character representation standard common in older mainframe computers.
3. Encoding standard used to represent letters and characters.
4. Symbolic programming language that directly represents machine instructions.
5. None of the above
Q2. What is a popular program for creating documents that can be read on both a PC and a Macintosh computer?
1. Microsoft Word 2. QuarkXPress 3. Adobe Acrobat 4. Power Point 5. None of the above
Q3. Which of the following option best refer the purpose of an application program?
1. Meet specific user needs 2. Make equivalent run better 3. Allow the operating system to control resources better
4. Convert program written in high-level language to machine level language 5. None of the above
Q4. What is the Function key to refresh the current window?
1. F5 2. F6 3. F7 4. F8 5. F12
Q5. Which of the following is not a network topology?
1. Linear 2. Bus 3. Rhombus 4. Ring 5. Both (a) and (c)
Q6. Which contents are lost when the computer turns off?
1. Storage 2. input 3. output 4. memory 5. None of the above
Q7. An image on a computer screen is made up of-
1. Byte 2. Pixels 3. Bit 4. Palette 5. None of the above
Q8. What type of internet technology sends you the information without your request?
1. Push 2. Adware 3. J2SE SDK 4. Wiki 5. None of the above
Q9. What is the term that refers to an ad hidden inside software that you downloaded from an internet site?
1. Spam 2. Phish 3. Cookie 4. Adware 5. None of the above
Q10. Small application programs that run on a web page and may ensure a form is completed properly or provide animation are known as _____.
1. Flash 2. Spiders 3. Cookies 4. Applets 5. Worms
Answers 1.3 2.3 3.1 4.1 5.5 6.4 7.2 8.1 9.4 10.4
1.3 2.3 3.1 4.1 5.5 6.4 7.2 8.1 9.4 10.4