Quant Mix Quiz
Q1.The ratio of the number of students studying in Schools A, B and C is 4 : 8 : 3 respectively. If the number of students studying in each of the schools is increased by 80%, 20% and 60% respectively, what will be the new ratio of the number of students in Schools A, B and C.
(1) 8 : 3 : 4 (2) 4 : 2 : 3 (3) 2 : 3 : 4 (4) Can’t say (5) None of these
Q2.A person covered some distance in 24 hours. He covered half the distance by rail @ 75 km per hour and the rest by car @ 45 km/hr. The total distance covered by him was
(1) 900 km (2) 1350 km (3) 675 km (4)2700 km (5) None of these
Q3.A sum of Rs. 2135 is to be divided among A, B and C in such a way that 3 times A’s share, 4 times B’s share and 7 times C’s share are all equal. The share of C is
(1) Rs. 420 (2) Rs. 735 (3) Rs. 980 (4) Rs. 1200 (5) None of these
Q4.A person sold 160 mangoes for the C.P. of 200 mangoes. His gain percent is
(1) 10% (2) 15% (3) 12½% (4) 25% (5) None of thes
Q5.In how many different ways can the letters of the word DESIGN be arranged so that the vowels are at the two ends ?
(1) 48 (2) 72 (3) 36 (4) 24 (5) None of these
Q6.A certain fraction is equivalent to 3/5 . If the numerator of the fraction is increased by 1 and the denominator is decreased by 1, the new fraction is equivalent to 2/3 . What is the sum of numerator and denominator of the original fraction?
(1) 40 (2) 32 (3) 48 (4) 24 (5) 16
Q7.A shopkeeper sell his articles at cost price but uses 900 gm weight for 1200 gm weight. His profit percentage is
(1) 33.33% (2) 25% (3) 16.66% (4) 20% (5) None of these
Q8.A car runs at the speed of 60 kms per hour when not serviced and runs at 72 kms/hr. when serviced. After servicing the car covers a certain distance in 12 hours. How much time will the car take to cover the same distance when not serviced ?
(1) 16.4 hours (2) 13 hours (3) 16 hours (4) 14.4 hours (5) None of these
Q9.The average of five positive numbers is 64. The average of the first two numbers is 59 and the average of last two numbers is 63. What is the third number?
(1) 76 (2) 56 (3) 86 (4) Cannot be determined (5) None of these
Q10.The ratio of income of A and B is 5:4 and their expenditure is as 3:2. If at the end of the year, each saves Rs. 1200, then the income of A is
(1) Rs. 2550 (2) Rs. 2700 (3) Rs. 3000 (4) Rs. 3300 (5) None of these
Answers 1.5 2.2 3.1 4.4 5.1 6.1 7.1 8.4 9.1 10.3
1.5 2.2 3.1 4.4 5.1 6.1 7.1 8.4 9.1 10.3
Directions (Q.1-5): In these questions, a relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by two conclusions. Give answer
1)if only conclusion I is true.
2)if only conclusion II is true.
3)if either conclusion I or II is true.
4)if neither conclusion I nor II is true.
5)if both conclusions I and II are true.
Q1. A.Statements: X < Y ≥ Q = T, R > X
Conclusions: I. R ≥ Y II. Y =T
Q2. B.Statements: A = D ≥ C < E = G
Conclusions: I. G ≥ D II. A > G
Q3. C.Statements: K ≤ L = P < N = T > D
Conclusions: I. K < T II. L > D
Q4. D.Statements: X > W < V ≤ U, G = V
Conclusions: I. G > W II. U > X
Q5. E.Statements: K ≥ L > T = C ≤ M < E
Conclusions: I. T < E II. K > C
Directions (Q.6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Riya, Siya, Tia, Mia, Pia, Jia, Zia and Dia live on different floors in the same building having its
eight floors numbered one to eight – the ground floor is numbered 1, the floor above it numbered 2 and so on, and – the top most floor is numbered 8. There are two floors between the floor on which Siya and Dia live. Mia doesn’t live on an even-numbered floor and she does not live immediate below or above Jia’s floor. Jia lives below Dia’s floor.Mia does not live immediately below or above Siya’s or Dia’s floor. Riya live on an odd numbered floor. Tia does not live on the topmost floor. Zia lives on 6th floor. Pia does not live below Dia and Siya lives on floor no.5.
Q6. F.Who among the following lives on the topmost floor?
(1)Mia (2)Siya (3)Dia (4)Pia (5)None of these
Q7. G.Jia lives on which of the following floors?
(1)Second (2)First (3)Third (4)Fifth (5)None of these
Q8. H.Who among the following lives on floor no. 4?
(1)Siya (2)Jia (3)Pia (4)Dia (5)None of these
Q9. I.How many floors are three between the floors on which Pia and Tia live?
(1)One (2)Two (3)Three (4)Can’t be determined (5)None of these
Q10. J.Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(1)Pia (2)Zia (3)Dia (4)Tia (5)Mia
Answers A. 4 B. 4 C. 1 D. 1 E. 5 F. 4 G.2 H.5 I. 3 J. 5
A. 4 B. 4 C. 1 D. 1 E. 5 F. 4 G.2 H.5 I. 3 J. 5
Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions which follow:
(A)The growth slowdown has taken place when the supply side, governed by policy, has not seen any great worsening for firms in the non-agricultural sector.
(B) It stands depressed today, leaving the economy almost entirely dependent upon public investment.
(C) However, the present slowing of growth, to a great extent, points to the recent slowdown in demand.
(D) In the past, even at times when the supply side was not much more favourable than it is now, private investment has been high.
(E) When it comes to economic change, it is devilishly difficult to separate the demand-side causes from the supply-side ones.
Q1.Which of the following sentences should be the FIFTH after rearrangement?
(1) A (2) B (3) C (4) E (5) D
Q2.Which of the following sentences should be the THIRD after rearrangement ?
(1) A (2) B (3) C (4) D (5) E
Q3.Which of the following sentences should be the FIRST after rearrangement?
(1) A (2) B (3) D (4) E (5) C
Q4.Which of the following sentences should be the FOURTH after rearrangement?
(1) A (2) C (3) D (4) E (5) B
Q5.Which of the following sentences should be the SECOND after arrangement?
(1) A (2) B (3) D (4) E (5) C
Directions (Q. 6-10): Read each sentences to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error the answer is (5). (Ignore error of punctuation, if any)
Q6. There is no better way than 1)/ addressing the grave threat posed by 2)/ young citizens drawn to extremist, violent 3)/ ideologies than a fair, transparent and swift trial. 4)/ No error 5)
Q7. Young people drawn to 1)/ various waves of violence through 2)/ history have mostly been individuals 3)/ harbouring a perceived strong sense of grievance with the state. 4)/ No error 5)
Q8. The growth slowdown had 1)/ taken place when the supply side, governed 2)/ by policy, has not seen any 3)/ great worsening for firms in the non-agricultural sector.4)/ No error 5)
Q9. If an increase in the fiscal deficit is 1)/ used to expand public infrastructure, it will 2)/ serve a useful purpose, both in the current 3)/ context and with regard to the longer-term trajectory for the economy.4)/ No error 5)
Q10. It is not absolutely essential 1)/ that the fiscal deficit must expand 2)/ substantially to unable a programme of 3)/ increased public spending on infrastructure. 4) No error 5)
Directions (11-15); In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words without changing the meaning of the passage.
Pakistan is slowly becoming ..(11).. to its home-grown terrorism. The attack on Bacha Khan University, which killed mainly students, is reminiscent of the Peshawar terror attack in which ..(12).. of school-children were killed. One of the major ways Pakistan can eliminate/reduce terrorism is by providing the right education to its youth and taking stern action ..(13).. hose directly or indirectly involved in running terror outfits. In its own interest, Pakistan also ..(14).. to end its policy of targeting India in the name of Kashmir. The state needs to gain control over the deep state, consisting of the Army and the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). It needs to show action on ..(15).. perpetrators of terror attacks like those on Pathankot to justice.
Q11. 1) culprit 2) target 3) victim 4) criminal 5) founder
Q12. 1) numbers 2) data 3) most 4) scores 5) amount
Q13. 1) across 2) against 3) about 4) toward 5) for
Q14. 1) needs 2) wants 3) wishes 4) hates 5) works
Q15. 1) emerging 2) forcing 3) pulling 4) pushing 5) bringing
Answers 1. (2); B
2. (1); A
3. (4); E
4. (3); D
5. (2); B
6. (1); Replace ‘than’ with ‘of’
7. (4); Replace ‘with’ with ‘against’
8. (1); Replace ‘had’ with ‘has’
9. (4); Change ‘for’ with ‘of’
10. (3); Change ‘unable’ with ‘enable’
1. (2); B
Q1. The uniform resource locator (URL) is case sensitive in the ____.
1. Protocol 2. Authority 3. Directory 4. Type 5. None of the above
Q2. Which among the following are specially designed computer chips that reside inside other devices, such as your car or a larger mechanical or 1. electrical system.
1. Servers 2. Embedded computers 3. Robotic computers 4. Mainframes 5. None of the above
Q3. Android is a mobile operating system. Which of the following statement is not true regarding android?
1. It is developed by Microsoft. 2. It is based on the Linux kernel and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices.
3. Its latest version is called Marshmallow. 4. The source code for Android is open-source. 5. None of the above is true.
Q4. A set of rules for transferring data over a network is called?
1. Protocol 2. Program code 3. Rules 4. Flowchart 5. None of the above
Q5. How routers communicate with each other, disseminating information that enables them to select routes between any two nodes on a computer network?
1. By I/O devices 2. By internet protocols 3. By managing memory 4. By routing protocols
5. None of the above
Q6. What is Remote Desktop Connection?
1. It was known as Terminal Services in Windows Server 2008 and earlier, it is one of the components of Microsoft Windows.
2. a technology that allows you to carry your computer in remote areas.
3. a technology that allows you to sit at the client computer and connect to the host remote computer in a different location
4. both (a) and (c)
5. All of the above
Q7. Which statement is most aptly related to offline data storage?
1. Offline data is the data which we can access only on internet.
2. Offline data cannot be accessed from a computer or terminal until it is mounted in the drive.
3. Offline data storage is replica of cloud computing
4. All of the above
5. None of the above
Q8. A computer program that converts an entire program into machine language at one time is called a/ an _________.
1. interpreter 2. simulator 3. compiler 4. numbers 5. None of the above
Q9. The point at which the flow of text in a document moves to the top of a new page–
1. Page insert 2. Page break 3. Page format 4. All of the above 5. None of the above
Q10. MIME is stands for?
1. Multiprogramming Internet Mail Extension 2. Multicasting Internet Mail Extension 3. Multiple Internet Mail Extension 4. Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension 5. None of the above
Answers 1.3 2.2 3.1 4.1 5.4 6.4 7.2 8.3 9.2 10.4
1.3 2.2 3.1 4.1 5.4 6.4 7.2 8.3 9.2 10.4