Directions (1-3): In the following number series only one number is wrong. Find out the wrong number.
Q1. 1 1 2 6 30 212 2310
1) 2 2) 6 3) 30 4) 212 5) 2310
Q2. 1 1.4 1.96 2.776 4.1208 6.0208
1) 1.4 2) 1.96 3) 2.776 4) 4.1208 5) 6.0208
Q3. 1 7 19 43 91 186 379
1) 19 2) 43 3) 91 4) 186 5) 379
Q4.Five alarms start to ring together and ring at the intervals of 3, 4, 6, 11 and 12 seconds respectively. How many times will they ring together in one hour, excluding the one at the start?
1) 24 times 2) 25 times 3) 26 times 4) 27 times 5) 28 times
Q5.What is the number which, when added to the terms of the ratio 17 : 29 makes the new ratio
7 : 11?
1) 3 2) 4 3) 5 4) 6 5) 7
Q6.A person sells one house for Rs 75 lakhs, making profits of 25%. He sells another house at a loss of 20%, and on the whole he makes neither profit nor loss. What is the cost of the second house?
1) 50 lakhs 2) 60 lakhs 3) 75 lakhs 4) 90 lakhs 5) None of these
Q7.Ravi and Raj invested in the ratio of 4 : 3 in a business. If 16% of the total profit goes to charity and Ravi’s share of profit is Rs 816, what is the amount of total profit?
1) Rs 1200 2) Rs 1400 3) Rs 1500 4) Rs 1700 5) None of these
Q8.The average of the first and second of three numbers is 12 more than the average of the second and the third of these numbers. What is the difference between the first and the third of these three numbers?
1) 6 2) 12 3) 24 4) 36 5) 18
Q9.A person completes journey by using three different types of vehicles. He completes first part with speed of 10 kmph, second part at the speed of 12 kmph and third part at the speed of 15 kmph. If the distance travelled by each vehicle is equal then what is the average speed of that person throughout the journey?
1) 12 kmph 2) 12.5 kmph 3) 13 kmph 4) 13.5 kmph 5) None of these
Q10.If the ratio of the ages of A and B at present is 7 : 4. After 12 years the ratio of their ages will be 10 : 7, what is the present age of B?
1) 12 years 2) 14 years 3) 16 years 4) 18 years 5) 20 years
1.4 2.4 3.4 4.4 5.2 6.3 7.4 8.3 9.1 10.3
Direction : Study the following information and answer the questions given below :
Four Maruti Suzuki’s cars – Ertigo,Celerio, Swift and Wagon’r and four Hyundai’s cars – I-10, Verna, I-20 and Santa Fe are on a display in a circular auto expo centre. two Maruti Suzuki’s cars and two Hyundai’s cars are not facing the centre of the auto expo centre. Swift is placed second to the left of Verna, which is not placed immediate next to Celerio. I-10 is third to the left of Santa Fe and one of them is not facing centre of the auto expo centre. Ertigo is third to the right of Celerio, which is facing the centre of the auto expo centre. I-20 and Wagon’r are facing each other and both are not placed immediate next to Celerio or Santa Fe. No three Hyundai’s car’s are placed together.
Q1. Which of the following Car is placed between Celerio and Wagon’r ?
1) Swift 2) Verna 3) Santa Fe 4) I – 10 5) None of these
Q2. How many cars are placed between I-10 and Verna ?
1) Three 2) Two 3) One 4) Can’t be determined 5) None of these
Q3. Which Car is displayed third to the left of Ertigo ?
1) Celerio 2) Wagon’r 3) I-20 4) I-10 5) None of these
Q4. Which of the following groups of four Cars are not facing the centre ?
1) Swift, Wagon’r, Ertigo and Verna 2) Verna, I-10, Ertigo and Wagon’r 3) Ertigo, Verna. I-10 and Swift
4) I-20, I-10, Santa Fe and Celerio 5) None of these
Q5. Who is placed between I-20 and Santa Fe ?
1) I-10 2) Ertigo 3) Swift 4) Verna 5) None of these
Q6. Sumit starts walking 20m. towards North. Then he turns right and walks 30m. Then again, he turns right and walks 28m. Then he turns towards North-East and Walks 10m. How far away and in which direction is Sumit from his original position?
1) 36m. North-East 2) 32m. South 3) 30m. East 4) 32m. South-East 5) 36m. East
Q7. Six friends sitting in a row. F is to the left of G but on the right of H, who is to the right of I and J is at the right of K but immediate left of I. Find out the friend, sitting right in the middle ?
1) J and K 2) H and I 3) F and G 4) J and G 5) G and H
Q8. If it is given ‘P + Q’ means that P is the father of Q. ‘P – Q’ means that ‘P is the wife of Q’, ‘ P×Q’ means that ‘ P is brother of Q’ and ‘P ÷ Q’ means that ‘P is the daughter of Q’. Then, M + G + C ÷ S refers to-
1) S is daughter of G 2) C is brother of G 3) S is wife of G 4) M is the grand father of S 5) None of these
Direction : Read the information carefully and answer the given questions :
Launched in 2006, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme entitles at least one member of every rural household to 100 days of manual work a year but there was need for parity in MGNREGA wages and the minimum wage, where the former is lower in 14 states.
A) MGNERGA has provided employment to millions households.
B) A notification in hike for MGNREGA wages is expected.
C) The government should make amend in the MGNREGA act to bring the two at par.
D) MGNREGA will pay more wages ahead of elections.
Q9. Which of the following among (A), (B), (C) and (D) can be an immediate course of action to minimise the difference between minimum wage and MGNREGA wages ?
1) Only A 2) Both A and B 3) Only C 4) Only D 5) Both B and D
Q10. Which of the following among (A), (B), (C) and (D) is a possible effect of MGNREGA ?
1) Both C and D 2) Only A 3) Only C 4) Only A, B and D 5) Both A and C
- 3; To minimise the difference between MGNREGA and minimum wages amendment in MGNREGA is required.
- 2; MGNREGA provide employment to million of people in rural households for 100 days.
Directions (Q. 1–5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’ the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
Q1. The cost of living 1)/ is so high in this city 2)/ that we find it difficult 3)/ to make ends meet. 4)/ No error 5)
Q2. I could not believe that 1)/ one of us were 2)/ responsible for 3)/ the bank robbery. 4) /No error 5)
Q3. At my arrival 1)/ in Agra 2)/ I went straight 3)/ to my office. 4)/No error 5)
Q4. My all friends 1)/ feel that2)/ academic standards are 3)/ larger in my college. 4)/ No error 5)
Q5. The office boy was honest 1)/ and said 2)/ he regretted 3)/ on the delay 4)/ No error 5)
Directions (Q. 6–10): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each pair of blanks that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
Q6. The main advantage we have ___ other countries is its large human capital which makes it an ideal outsourcing ____.
1) over, base 2) with, model 3) in, module 4) to, performance 5) from , place
Q7. There will be ____ new token counters opened in metros across the country to ____ the pressure on customer care executives.
1) few, easy 2) other, moderate 3) several, ease 4) fewer, remove 5) some, level
Q8. It is now possible for customers to ____ _____ all their transactions online.
1) manage, with 2) provide, for 3) entertain, with 4) attend, in 5) handle, nearly
Q9. Rishi has been assigned ____ that team ____ he is well qualified and experienced.
1) with, since 2) of, while 3) to, because 4) for, as 5) in, and
Q10. The government has ____ to _____ its goal to send school going all children to school in the next three years.
1) vowed, achieve 2) denied, have 3) pledged, bring 4) affirmed, reached 5) assured, departAnswers
- 4; Add ‘both’ before ‘ends’
- 2; Replace ‘were’ with ‘was’
- 1; Replace ‘at’ with ‘on’
- 4; Replace ‘larger’ with ‘higher’
- 4; Omit ‘on’
Q1.The simultaneous processing of two or more programs by multiple processors is
a)multiprogramming b)multitasking c)time-sharing d)multiprocessing e)None of the above
Q2.When you turn on the computer, the boot routine will perform
a)RAM test b)disk drive test c)memory test d)power-on self test e)None of these
Q3.For creating a document, you use which command at File Menu?
a)Open b)Close c)New d)Save e)None of these
Q4.These servers store and manage files for network users.
a)Authentication b)Main c)Web d)File e)None of these
Q5.All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks except
a)hackers b)spam c)viruses d)identify theft e)None of these
a)bus topology b)ring topology c)mesh topology d)All of these e)None of these
Q7.A ……………..is an additional set of commands that the computer displays after you make a selection.
a)dialog box b)sub menu c)menu selection d)All of these e)None of these
Q8.Information kept about a file includes
a)print setting b)deletion data c)Both ‘1’ and ‘2’ , d)size e)None of these
Q9.……………provides process and memory management services that allow two or more tasks, jobs or programs to run simultaneously.
a)Multitasking b)Multithreading c)Multiprocessing d)Multicomputing e)None of these
Q10.A (n) ………..is software that helps a computer control to operate efficiency and keep track of data.
a)application system b)hardware system c)software system d)operating system e)None of these
1.d 2.d 3.c 4.d 5.b 6.a 7.b 8.d 9.a 10.e