Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
P, Q, R, S, T, V and W are sitting around a circle facing at the centre. V is second to the left of P and second to the right of W. T is third to the right of Q and is not an immediate neighbour of V. S is third to the right of R.
Q1. Who is second to the right of Q?
1) R 2) W 3) T 4) S 5) None of these
Q2. Who is to the immediate left of S?
1) Y 2) T 3) Q 4) W 5) None of these.
Q3. Who is to the immediate right of R?
1) W 2) T 3) P 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
Q4. In which of the following groups is the first person sitting between the second and the
1) RPQ 2)TWS 3)QPR 4) QVS 5) None of these
Q5. Who is third to the left of V ?
1) T 2) S 3) W 4) R 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions:
A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are eight friends sitting around a circular table facing the centre. A sits second to the left of D, who is third to the left of E. C sits third to the right of G, who is not an immediate neighbour of E. H sits third to the right of B, who sits second to the right of G.
Q6. Who sits between D and C?
1) Only B 2) Only C and A 3) Only G 4) Only E 5) Only G and E
Q7. Who sits second to the right of E?
1) B 2) F 3) G 4) C 5) None of these
Q8. What is the position of A with respect to H?
1) Third to the left 2) Third to the right 3) Second to the left 4) Second to the right 5) Fourth to the left
Q9. Four of the following five are alike based upon their seating arrangements and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
1) CH 2) FG 3) DA 4) BE 5) GB
Q10. Which of the following pairs has the second person sitting to the immediate left of the first person?
1) DB 2) EH 3) FA 4) GD 5) None of these
1. 1 2. 4 3. 2 4. 5 5. 1 6. 1 7. 2 8. 4 9. 3 10. 5
Direction: Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) They pay the “listed” price for items; perhaps they avoid conflict.
(B) Yet many individuals do not think of themselves as bargainers.
(C) But a shopping in local market gives you an opportunity to bargain and reflect about what you do as negotiator.
(D) Many people bargains and negotiates.
(E) Their reluctance to bargain may reflect reserve nature or lack of experience to risk through negotiation.
(F) Some people enjoy it; some people are good at it.
Q1. Which of the following would be the LAST sentence after rearrangement?
1) E 2) C 3) A 4) B 5) F
Q2. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
1) D 2) B 3) F 4) A 5) C
Q3. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
1) F 2) D 3) B 4) A 5) E
Q4. Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) B 2) E 3) F 4) A 5) C
Q5. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
1) D 2) A 3) B 4) C 5) F
Directions: Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is (5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, If any) :
Q6. 1) The Board’s decision has provided / 2) employees with the opportunity / 3) to acquire upto 100 / 4) shares by the. 5) No error
Q7. 1) Arranging such a large amount / 2) of funds now will be a problem why / 3) banks are usually not open. / 4) So early in the morning. 5) No error
Q8. 1) If the manufacturing sector continues / 2) to grow at the same rate for / 3) the next few months. / 4) I think it has a high growth rate this year. 5) No error
Q9. 1) Though he has promoted to / 2) the bank’s board as a director / 3) he continues to carry out / 4) all his current responsibilities. 5) No error
Q10. 1) We were forced into react / 2) as no organisation can / 3) afford to adhere to / 4) these outdated regulations. 5) No errorAnswers
(1 – 5): D F B A E C
6. 4; substitute of.
7. 2; substitute because for why.
8. 4; substitute will have.
9. 1; substitute has been promoted.
10. 1; substitute to for into.
Q1. Whenever we have to give space between the two words while typing on a PC, we have to press a key known as ________.
1) Backspace 2) Shift 3) Control 4) Escape 5) Space Bar
Q2. When you are working on a document on PC, where is the document temporarily stored?
1) RAM 2) ROM 3) The CPU 4) Flash memory 5) The CD-ROM
Q3. How are data organised in a spreadsheet?
1) Lines and spaces 2) Layers and planes 3) Height and width 4) Rows and columns 5) None of these
Q4. Magnetic tape is not practical for applications where data must be quickly recalled because tape is
1) a random-access medium 2) a sequential-access medium . 3) a read-only medium
4) fragile and easily damaged 5) an expensive-storage medium
Q5. The blinking symbol on the computer screen is called the
1) mouse 2) logo 3) hand 4) palm 5) cursor
Q6. When cutting and pasting, the item cut is temporarily stored in
1) ROM 2) Hard drive 3) Diskette 4) Dashboard 5) Clipboard
Q7. One can move between two or more open Excel files by using-
1) ctrl + tab 2) ctrl + page up 3) ctrl + page down 4) ctrl + F9 5) Alt + =
Q8. To open find window.
1) F1 2) F2 3) F3 4) F4 5) F5
Q9. _______ is the execution of two or more different programmes at the same time.
1) Multi programming 2) Multiprocessing 3) Integrity 4) Recovery 5) None of these
10. _____________ is a facility whereby all the contents in a specified storage areas are written as Output.
1) Dumping 2) Chumping 3) Logging 4) Scheduling 5) None of these
1. (e) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (e) 6. (e) 7. (a) 8. (e) 9. (b) 10. (a)