Q1. Alfred buys an old scooter for Rs. 4700 and spends Rs. 800 on its repairs. If he sells the scooter for Rs. 5800, his gain percent is:
A. 32/7% B. 60/11% C. 10% D. 12%
Q2. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
A. 30% B. 70% C. 100% D. 250%
Q3. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
A.3 B. 4 C. 5 D. 6
Q4. On selling 17 balls at Rs. 720, there is a loss equal to the cost price of 5 balls. The cost price of a ball is:
A. Rs. 45 B. Rs. 50 C. Rs. 55 D. Rs. 60
Q5. A trader mixes 26 kg of rice at Rs. 20 per kg with 30 kg of rice of other variety at Rs. 36 per kg and sells the mixture at Rs. 30 per kg. His profit percent is:
A. No profit, no loss B. 5% C. 8% D. 10% E. None of these
Q6. A man buys a cycle for Rs. 1400 and sells it at a loss of 15%. What is the selling price of the cycle?
A. Rs. 1090 B. Rs. 1160 C. Rs. 1190 D. Rs. 1202
Q7. Sam purchased 20 dozens of toys at the rate of Rs. 375 per dozen. He sold each one of them at the rate of Rs. 33. What was his percentage profit?
A. 3.5 B. 4.5 C. 5.6 D. 6.5
Q8. Some articles were bought at 6 articles for Rs. 5 and sold at 5 articles for Rs. 6. Gain percent is:
A. 30% B. 100/3% C. 35% D. 44%
Q9. A shopkeeper expects a gain of 22.5% on his cost price. If in a week, his sale was of Rs. 392, what was his profit?
A. Rs. 18.20 B. Rs. 70 C. Rs. 72 D. Rs. 88.25
Q10. The cost price of 20 articles is the same as the selling price of x articles. If the profit is 25%, then the value of x is:
A. 15 B. 16 C. 18 D. 25
Cost Price (C.P.) = Rs. (4700 + 800) = Rs. 5500.
Selling Price (S.P.) = Rs. 5800
Gain = (S.P.) – (C.P.) = Rs.(5800 – 5500) = Rs. 300.
Gain % = (300 x 100)X5500 = 60/11%
Let C.P.= Rs. 100. Then, Profit = Rs. 320, S.P. = Rs. 420.
New C.P. = 125% of Rs. 100 = Rs. 125
New S.P. = Rs. 420.
Profit = Rs. (420 – 125) = Rs. 295.
Required percentage = (295 x 100)420 % = 1475/21% = 70% (approximately)
C.P. of 6 toffees = Re. 1
S.P. of 6 toffees = 120% of Re. 1 = Rs. 6/5
For Rs. 6/5 , toffees sold = 6.
For Re. 1, toffees sold = (6 x 5)/5 = 5
(C.P. of 17 balls) – (S.P. of 17 balls) = (C.P. of 5 balls)
C.P. of 12 balls = S.P. of 17 balls = Rs.720.
C.P. of 1 ball = Rs.720/12 = Rs. 60
C.P. of 56 kg rice = Rs. (26 x 20 + 30 x 36) = Rs. (520 + 1080) = Rs. 1600.
S.P. of 56 kg rice = Rs. (56 x 30) = Rs. 1680.
Gain = (80 x 100)/1600 % = 5%
S.P. = 85% of Rs. 1400 = Rs.(85 x 1400)/100 = Rs. 1190
Cost Price of 1 toy = Rs. 375/12 = Rs. 31.25
Selling Price of 1 toy = Rs. 33
So, Gain = Rs. (33 – 31.25) = Rs. 1.75
Profit % = (1.75 x 100)/31.25 % = 28/5 % = 5.6%
Suppose, number of articles bought = L.C.M. of 6 and 5 = 30.
C.P. of 30 articles = Rs. (5 x 30)/6 = Rs. 25
S.P. of 30 articles = Rs. (6 x 30)/5 = Rs. 36
Gain % = (11 x 100)/25 % = 44%
C.P. = Rs. (100 x 392)/122.5 = Rs. (1000 x 392)/1225 = Rs. 320
Profit = Rs. (392 – 320) = Rs. 72
Let C.P. of each article be Re. 1 C.P. of x articles = Rs. x.
S.P. of x articles = Rs. 20.
Profit = Rs. (20 – x)
(20 – x)x x 100 = 25
2000 – 100x = 25x
125x = 2000
x = 16
Directions (1-5): Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statement and.
Give answer (1) if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (2) if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (3) if the data in Statement I alone or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (4) if the data in both the Statement I and II are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (5) if the data in both the Statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
Q1. What does ‘Pa’ mean in the code language?
1. ‘Pe Bo Pa’ means ‘Look at me’ and ‘Bo Se Pe Ki means ‘don’t look at him’ in that code language.
2. ‘Ka Ta Ne Pa’ means ‘take me and go’ and ‘Li We Si Pa’ means ‘either me or you’ in that code language
Q2. How is Seema related to Mangesh?
1. Shalini, the cousin of Mangesh, is the niece of Seema.
2. Sulekha, Seema’s sister, is the wife of Omkar, Mangesh’s father.
Q3. What is Shekhar’s rank in the class of 40?
1. Samir, who is 9th from the top in the class is above shailendra by 12 ranks who is below shekhar by 5 ranks.
2. Nilesh, who is between Shekhar and Sudhanshu, is 15th from the bottom.
Q4. P, Q, R, S and T hold different ranks. Who among them ranks the lowest?
1. S is two ranks below R, who is not the highest in the rank.
2. P is higher in rank than S but below than Q and T in rank.
Q5. Who among A, B, C, D and E runs the fastest?
1. B runs faster than E but is not the fastest.
2. C, though does not run as fast as A and B, runs faster than D and E
Directions (6-10): Study the information given below and answer these questions.
(i) P, Q, R, S, T, U and V are sitting along a circle facing the center.
(ii) P is between V and S.
(iii) R, who is 2nd to the right of S, is between Q and U.
(iv) Q is not the neighbour of T.
Q6. Which of the following is correct statement?
(1) V is between P and S. (2) S is 2nd to the left of V. (3) R is third to the left of P.
(4) P is to the immediate left of S. (5) None of the above.
Q7. What is the position of T?
(1) Between R and V. (2) To the immediate left of V. (3) 2nd to the left of R. (4) 2nd to the right of P.
(5) None of the above.
Q8. Who is between R and U?
(1) No one (2) S (3) V (4) Q (5) None of these
Q9. Which of the following is wrong statement?
(1) R is to the immediate right of U (2) Q is to the immediate left of R (3) T is third to the right of Q
(4) U is 2nd to the left of T (5) None of the above
Q10. Which of the following pairs has 2nd member sitting to the immediate right of the first member?
(1) QS (2) PV (3) RU (4) VT (5) None of these
From either of the two statements, ‘Pa’ means ‘me’
From statement II, we can say that Seema is the grandmother of Mangesh.
From statement I,
Samir’s rank is 9th
Shailendra’s rank is 21st.
So, Shekhar’s rank is 16th.
On combining both the statements we can say that S’s rank is the lowest.
Answer cannot be found even after combining statement I and II.
6. (4) 7. (2) 8. (1) 9. (4) 10. (3)
Q1. Your success for hard work depends on your ability.
A) Your success depends on your ability for hard working. B) Your success depends on your ability of hard work.
C) Your success depends on your ability for hard work. D) no improvement
Q2. MYSELF rajesh mehta
A) myself is B) my selves C) I am D) no improvement
Q3. Have you TAKEN your breakfast?
A) had B) eaten C) done D) no improvement
Q4. The more they earn, MORE THEY SPEND on luxury items.
A) More they should spend B)) The more they spend C) The more they ought to spend D) No improvement
Q5. the minister agreed WILL ANSWER questions on television.
A) to answer B) for answering C) with answering D) no improvement
Q6. Poets often use archaic words THAT ARE NO LONGER IN USE greater effect.
A) that are not any longer used B) that are used no longer C) that no longer are used D) no improvement
Q7. We must have serious reading for the mind AS WE NEED wholesome and nutritious food for the body.
A) like we need B) like as we need C) just as we need D) no improvement
Q8. He LOOKS UP to his father.
A) looks away from B) stares at C) respects D) obeys
Q9. When the clock struck six I WAS READING here for an hour.
A) Had waited B) had been waiting. C) waited D) No improvement
Q10. IF THE ROOM HAD BEEN BRIGHTER, I would have been able to read for a while before bed time.
1. A) Had the room been brighter B) Have the room brighter C) Has the room brighter D) no improvement
1. Option ‘B’. You must note that the SUCCESS depends; not the SUCCESS FOR HARD WORK. Ability follows OF; not FOR. Hence option ‘B’ is correct.
2. I AM (option ‘C).MYSELF is a reflexive pronoun and it must not be the subject of a sentence except when a sentence defines a reflexive pronoun.
3. Option ‘D’ (No improvement is correct).
4. THE MORE THEY SPEND (option ‘B’). THE MORE……….THE MORE is used to say if one thing happens repeatedly, something else happens or becomes likely. JITNA KOI KAMAATA H UTNA HI JYAADA KHARCH KARTA H, means it becomes likely that a person earning more will also spend more.
5. TO ANSWER (option ‘A’) AGREE is followed by a full infinitive (TO + Ist form of a verb) if it’s a non-finite verb following it. SO option ‘A’ (to answer) is correct.
6. THAT NO LONGER ARE USED (option ‘C’).NO LONGER precedes the verb and ANY LONGER follows it. The given sentence needs improvement as NO LONGER is following the verb i.e. ARE. Option ‘A’ is not right as ANY LONGER is not used AFTER the verb here USED). Again option ‘B’ is not right as use of NO LONGER is not at right place. Yeah option ‘C’ fits the ruling on that well.
7. JUST AS WE NEED (Option ‘c’).This is a case of comparison. LIKE is used only with nouns, pronouns or gerunds, means when they are not followed by a finite verb. And AS is used when there is a finite verb. Therefore options ‘a’ and ‘b’ both are incorrect. In the sentence above NEED is a finite verb as it’s limited by the subject WE. So AS is quite correct there. But the word AS should be preceded by the word JUST as it’s a comparison between two clauses because it’s a case of comparison with establishing relation between them.
NOTE: LIKE can replace AS in conversational/informal English only, but in the exam it must be standard English.
8. Option ‘3’(RESPECTS) is right as LOOK UP TO SOMEBODY (an idiom) means to admire or respect somebody.
9. HAD BEEN WAITING (option ‘B’). For an action that began before a certain action in the past and continued upto that time, we use the past perfect continuous tense. Here 6 o’clock is that past time before that the action of waiting began and it also says that the action was in continuation till that time at least. FOR AN HOUR says how long before 6 o’clock the action of waiting began.
Ghadi mein jab 6 bje to mujhe yahan wait krte ek ghanta ho gyaa tha.
10. No improvement as both‘If the room had been brighter’ and ‘Had the room been brighter’ are equally good.
NOTE: IF the helping verb in a conditional IF-CLAUSE is SHOULD, BE, or HAD we can leave out IF and put that helping verb at the start of the clause.
EXAMPLES: a) If any of this SHOULD cost you anything, send me the bill. = SHOULD any of this cost you anything, send me the bill. b) It would be embarrassing if she were to find find out the truth. = It would be embarrassing, were she to find out the truth. c) If they hadn’t rushed Mohan to hospital, he would have died. = Had the not rushed Mohan to hospital, he would have died.
Q1. Which among the following is responsible for allocating IP addresses and managing the domain name system.?
[A]Domain name warehousing [B]Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers
[C]Internet Assigned Numbers Authority [D]None of these
Q2. The performance of a hard drive or other storage device , meaning how long it takes to locate a file is called ?
[A]Response Time [B]Access Time [C]Quick Time [D]None of these
Q3. Alerts are mostly appear in ______?
[A]Check Box [B]Combo Box [C]Dialog Box [D]None of these
Q4. Which of the following was used in first generation computers?
[A]Machine Language [B]High Language [C]Assembly Language [D]None of these
Q5. A unit of data storage that equals 2 to the 70th power is called?
[A]Zebibyte [B]Yottabite [C]Yobibite [D]None of these
Q6. What is used in most programs that is a part of a program and guides the user through certain steps?
[A] Software [B]Wizard [C]Wiki [D]None of these
Q7. A generic name for Intel processors released after the original 8086 processor is ______ ?
[A]Pentium [B]x86 [C]Pentium 286 [D]None of these
Q8. A network that is connected to the Internet, but uses encryption to scramble all the data sent through the Internet is called ?
[A]My network [B]Virtual private Network [C]Social Network [D]None of these
Q9. V-RAM is used for access of the following ?
[A]Video & Graphics [B]Text & Images [C]programs [D]None of these
Q10. Structured Query Language (SQL) is used in the following ?
[A]Create Databases [B]Create & Modify Databases [C]Create, Modify & Query Databases [D]None of these
Q11. A file which has not been altered, compressed, or manipulated in any way by the computer is called?
[A]temp file [B]raw file [C]permanent file [D]None of these
Q12. The word bandwidth is also used to mean ________?
[A]width of the data cable [B]amount of data transferred [C]number of the computers on a particular network
[D]None of these
Q13. NetBIOS was introduced in 1983 by which company as an improvement to the standard BIOS used by Windows-based computers?
[A]Dell [B]IBM [C]Compaq [D]None of these
Q14. Which among the following is not a payment card technology?
[A]Magnetic Stripe Card [B]Smart Card [C]Fleet Card [D]All of them are payment card technologies
Q15. Which among the following can be called an electronic check ?
[A]]Debit Card [B]Smart Card [C]Credit Card [D]None of these