Q1. An orange vendor makes a profit of 20% by selling oranges at certain price. If he charges Rs. 1.2 higher per orange he would gain 40%. Find the original price at which he sold an orange.
a) RS. 5.6 b) Rs. 7.2 c) Rs. 4.8 d) Rs. 8 e) None of these
Q2. If difference between CI and SI on a certain sum of money is Rs. 72 at 12% p.a. for 2 years then find the amount.
a) RS.6000 b) Rs.5000 c) Rs. 5200 d) Rs. 4900 e) None of these
Q3. Rs. 3000 is distributed among A,B and C such that A gets 2/3rd of what B and C together gets and C gets ½ of what A and B together gets. Find C’s share.
a) Rs.750 b) Rs. 1000 c) Rs. 800 d) Rs. 1200 e) None of these
Q4. 8 men can do a piece of work in 12 days while 20 women can do it in 10 days. In how many days 12 men and 15 women complete the same work.
a) 4 b) 5 c) 6 d) 7 e) 8
Q5. A fair coin is toss repeatedly. If head appears on first 4 tosses then what is probability of appearance of tail in fifth toss-
a) 1/5 b) 2/5 c) ½ d) 4/5 e) None
Q6. Walking at ¾ of his usual speed a man is 16 min late for his office. the usual time taken by him to cover that distance is
a) 48 minutes b) 60 minutes c) 42 minutes d) 62 minutes e) None
Q7. A, B and C can do a work in 24, 32 and 60 days respectively. They start working together. A left after 6 days B left after 8 days. how many more days are required to complete the whole work?
a) 30 b) 25 c) 22 d) 20 e) None of these
Q8. The price of 2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples is Rs. 15. The price of 3 oranges, 2 bananas and 1 apple is Rs. 10. What will be price of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples?
a) Rs. 10 b) Rs. 8 c) Rs. 15 d) Can’t be determined e) None of these
Q9. The difference between the time taken by two cars to travel a distance of 350 km is 2 hours 20 minutes. If the difference between their speeds is 5 km/hr., what is the speed of faster car in km/hr.?
a) 30 b) 35 c) 40 d) 45 e) 50
Q10. The sum of circumference of a circle and perimeter of a square is 210 cm. The diameter of the circle is 21cm. What is the sum of area of circle and square?
a) 1158.4 sq. cm b) 1058.2 sq. cm c) 1642.5 sq. cm d) Can’t be determined e) None of these
1.b 2. b 3. b 4.b 5.c 6. a 7. c 8. c 9.a 10. c
Directions (1-5): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
In a party there are eight friends in which four are boys and remaining are girls, in which girls are Ela, Ishita, Chitra and Diya and boys are Badal, Hitesh, Faruq and Ganesh. In between these eight friends one girl and one boy are the host. They are sitting around a rectangular table. Three are on the longer side of the rectangular table and hosts are on the remaining side. Some additional information is given below:
(a) All four girls are sitting adjacent to each other and Diya is 3rd right of Ganesh.
(b) Ganesh is the host sitting 2nd left of Chitra. Hitesh and Chitra are sitting opposite to each other.
(c) Ishita is 3rd left of Ganesh. Faruq is third left of Ela.
Q1. Who is the 2nd host in this arrangement?
(1) Hitesh (2) Badal (3) Ela (4) Chitra (5) none of these
Q2. What is the Chitra’s position?
(1) Immediate left of Ganesh (2) Immediate right to Ganesh (3) Faruq’s 2nd right
(4) Faruq’s immediate right (5) Immediate left of Ela.
Q3. Who is immediate left of Diya?
(1) Ishita (2) Badal (3) Faruq (4) Ganesh (5) None of these
Q4. How many girls and boys are sitting opposite to the same gender?
(1) One (2) Three (3) None (4) Two (5) None of these
Q5. Which of the following statement is true?
(1) Three boys are sitting on one longer side (2) Ishita is the another host
(3) Faruq and Ela are opposite to each other (4) One girls is sitting to the second right of Badal
(5) None of these
Q6. Vinay moves towards South-East a distance of 14m. then he moves towards West and travels a distance of 28m. From here, he moves towards North-West a distance of 14m. and finally he moves a distance of 8m towards East and comes to a halt. How far is the starting point where he stood?
(1) 20 m (2) 22 m (3) 6 m (4) 8 m (5) None of these
Q7. From the word ‘INTENSIFICATION’, how many independent words can be made without changing the order of the letters and using each letter only once?
(1) Four (2) Five (3) Six (4) More than six (5) None of these
Q8. In a class of 180, where girls are twice the number of boys, Rupesh, a boy, ranked thirty-fourth from the top. If there are eighteen girls ahead of Rupesh, how many boys are after him in rank?
(1) 45 (2) 44 (3) 60 (4) Can’t be determined (5) None of these
Q9. Two priests A and B were talking to each other. A said to B, “My mobile set rings every 15 minutes”. B retorted, “My mobile set rings every 18 minutes.” The mobile sets of both A and B rang simultaneously at 8 am. Four of the following five timings of a certain day are alike with respect to the above situation and hence form a group. Which of the following timings is different from the group?
(1) 6.30 am (2) 5.30 pm (3) 3.30 pm (4) 9.30 am (5) 6.30 pm
Q10. Pointing to a girl, Mr Raju said, “This girl is the daughter of the husband of the mother of my wife’s brother.” Who is Raju to the girl?
(1) Husband (2) Brother-in-law (3) Father-in-law (4) Either husband or brother-in-law (5) None of these
1. (3) 2. (4) 3. (5) 4. (4) 5. (5) 6. (1) 7. (4) 8. (2) 9. (2) 10. (4)
Directions (1-5): Which options will most nearly replace the Phrase given in the following question?
Q1. Research in sciences and social sciences often complement each other…
(1) At the same time, both retain significant differences because of the basic questions each deals with.
(2) Sciences explain the causes of systems whereas social sciences explain the implications of actions.
(3) The implications of actions do not explain why cause effects occur.
(4) The differences between life and sciences are decreasing.
(5) The questions posed by the two shares certain assumptions about reality.
Q2. Studies show that there is hardly any difference between human beings and apes in their mental and physical capacities…
(1) What a human can think an ape can also think
(2) But the studies on mammals are often misinterpreted.
(3) This is particularly true for India
(4) Soon we will see apes replacing human beings in factories
(5) None of these
Q3. The cost of producing tillers in India is eight percent less than the cost of producing tillers in china,……….
(1) India is planning to export tillers to China
(2) India has a democratic form of government while China is not so much democratic in its decisions.
(3) Tax rate in china is higher in comparison to India
(4) China has to import raw material from India for manufacturing tillers
(5) None of the above
Q4. A film, to be successful at the box office, must satisfy the audience, by reflecting its values…………….
(1) It is a doubtful perception as films with more of violence and sex than moral values are doing good repeatedly at box office
(2) Central board of film censoring decides on the social values
(3) Audience cannot be fooled for long with no content or low content films
(4) Box office collections are the only criteria to judge the value of a film
(5) None of these
Q5. People who take drug X for obesity to reduce weight could end up defeating their purpose…
(1) Since research shows that high levels of x may induce a craving for starch-based foods.
(2) Since this drug has many side effects like high blood pressure and high cholesterol level
(3) Drug X is prohibited for sale in India and its use is a punishable crime
(4) Due to drug X muscles loose tension and become susceptible to become obese with even slightest intake of fat
(5) None of these
Directions (6-10): Choose the option which has correct pair to fill the blank space given in question.
Q6. The ……………………reforms that are taking place in the global economic scenario are …………….as they are full of optimism.
(1) Exorbitant , unnecessary (2) Colossal, unfavorable
(3) Drastic, disappoint (4) Sweeping ,unrealistic (5) Positive, heartening
Q7. Sita was so …………………in his prayer that she did not pay any ……………………to our presence.
(1) Engrossed, remuneration (2) Absorbed, heed (3) Perfect, attention
(4) Careless, significance (5) Indifferent, substance
Q8. He expressed ……………………for his hasty ……………….
(1) Regret , action (2) Pleasure , speech (3) Repentance ,movement (4) Anguish , provocation (5) Displeasure ,win
Q9. The residents on this island are so………………..that they do not ………………even their closest relatives.
(1) Callous, consider (2) Hospitable ,greet (3) Uncivilized ,recognize (4) Indifferent , hurt (5) Unreliable ,welcome
Q10. The annual ……………………..of industrial products has risen …………………..in the recent years.
(1) Output, enormously (2) Outcome, hugely (3) outlay ,paramount (4) Outbreak ,tremendously (5) Decline , scarcely
Directions (11- 15): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) ,(F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them:
(A) It is assumed that these banks work in a hassle free manner as compared to government banks.
(B) Government banks are more trustworthy if you are considering taking a long term loan.
(C) They offer you lower interest rates, and this is the main reason why people seek education loans from government banks.
(D) The interest rate and terms are decided by the Reserve Bank and these national banks cannot make any changes by their own.
(E) But private banks work more smoothly.
(F) The employees in these banks are customer friendly and ready to help people.
(G) Government banks offer lower interest rate it is well-known fact that the interest rate of government banks is much lower as compared to private banks.
Q11. Which should be the FIRST sentence?
(1) A (2) B (3) C (4) D (5) E
Q12. Which should be the SECOND sentence?
(1) A (2) B (3) G (4) D (5) E
Q13. Which should be the THIRD sentence?
(1) A (2) B (3) C (4) G (5) E
Q14. Which should be the FOURTH sentence?
(1) D (2) B (3) C (4) G (5) E
Q15. Which should be the FIFTH sentence?
(1) F (2) B (3) C (4) D (5) E
1. 1 2. 1 3. 3 4. 3 5. 4 6. 4 7. 1 8. 1 9. 3 10. 1 11. 2 12. 3 13. 3 14. 1 15. 5
Q1. Extension name of flash file is ___.
1) .pdf 2) .swf 3) .pmd 4) .prd 5) None of these
Q2. Who invented world wide web?
1) Mosaic corporation 2) Opera corporation 3) Tim berner lee 4) Vint cert 5) None of these
Q3. URL stands for ____.
1) Uniform Resource Locator 2) Universal resource locator 3) Address bar 4) All 1, 2 & 3 are correct 5) None of these
Q4. A thing present in real world in physical form is called____.
1) DBMS 2) Entity 3) Modulation 4) Keywords 5) None of these
Q5. BUG is –
1) To find error in any software testing 2) To find error in any software code 3) logical error of any program
4) both 1 & 2 5) None of these
Q6. Which of the following is not a type of key?
1) Alphabetic Keys 2) Numeric keys 3) Function keys 4) Toggle keys 5) None of these
Q7. If a previously saved file is edited ___?
(1) it cannot be saved again
(2) the changes will automatically be saved in the file
(3) the file will only have to be saved again if it is more than one page in length
(4) its name must be changed
(5) the file must be saved again to store the changes
Q8. Which of the following converts all the statements in a program in a single batch and the resulting collection of instructions is placed in a new file?
(1) Compiler (2) Interpreter (3) Converter (4) Instruction (5) None of these
Q9.A program that generally has more user-friendly interface than a DBMS is called a ____?
(1) front end (2) repository (3) back end (4) form (5) None of these
Q10.When you install new programs on your computer, it is typically added to the ___?
(1) All programs (2) Select programs (3) Start programs (4) Desktop programs (5) None of these
Q11. Which of the following statements is FALSE concerning file names?
(1) Files may share the same name or the same extension but not both
(2) Every file in the same folder must have a unique name
(3) File extension is another name for file type
(4) The file extension comes before the dot (.) followed by the file name
(5) None of these
Q12. Which of the following is the key function of a firewall?
(1) Monitoring (2) Deleting (3) Record (4) Copying (5) Moving
Q13. Programming language built into user programs such as Word and Excel are known as____?
(1) 4GLs (2) macro languages (3) object-oriented languages (4) visual programming languages (5) None of these
Q14. In MS Word Key F12 opens ____?
(1) Save dialog box (2) print dialog box (3) New dialog box (4) Save as dialog (5) none
Q15. What is gutter margin?
(1) Margin that is added to the left margin when printing
(2) Margin that is added to right margin when printing
(3) Margin that is added to the binding side of page when printing
(4) Margin that is added to the outside of the page when printing
(5) None of these
1. 2 2. 3 3. 1 4. 2 5. 3 6. 5 7. 5 8. 1 9. 1 10. 1 11. 4 12. 1 13. 4 14. 4 15. 3