Directions (Q.1-5): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) After the scheme is approved by the requisite majority, the scheme has to be submitted to the RBI for sanction.
(B) A banking company may be amalgamated with another banking company under section 44 of the Banking Regulation Act.
(C) The order of sanction of amalgamation by the RBI will be the conclusive evidence of amalgamation.
(D) For this purpose, a scheme has to be prepared, containing the terms of such an amalgamation in a draft, and placed before the shareholders of the two companies separately for their approval.
(E) The Reserve Bank may also direct that the amalgamated company will stand dissolved from any specified date and intimated the Registrar of Companies accordingly.
(F) On sanction by the Reserve Bank, the assets and liabilities of the amalgamated company pass to the banking company, with which it is to be amalgamated.
(G) The scheme has to be approved by a resolution passed by majority members representing two-thirds in value of the shareholders of each company present in person or by proxy.
1. Which of the following should be the LAST (SEVENTH) sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) F 3) G 4) D 5) C
2. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) E 2) F 3) C 4) B 5) A
3. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
1) C 2) A 3) D 4) G 5) B
4. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
1) B 2) F 3) C 4) A 5) D
5. Which of the following should be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) G 2) B 3) E 4) C 5) F
Answers Answer: BDGAFEC 1. 5 2. 2 3. 4 4. 1 5. 3
1. 5 2. 2 3. 4 4. 1 5. 3