Directions (Q.1-10): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan stresses the need for (1) growth in the country while keeping the (2) rate low. “(3) has to be obtained in the (4) way. It is possible to grow too fast with substantial stimulus, as we did in 2010 and 2011, only to pay the price in higher inflation, higher deficits, and lower growth in 2013 and 2014, “said Dr. Rajan. However, he said that ‘India is not in the same situation today. “With the world being an inhospitable place, said Dr. Rajan, “we have to work hard to strengthen our current recovery and put it on a more sustainable footing. “For the RBI, however, he said that a key (5) is to keep inflation low so that “we get moderate nominal interest rates that satisfy not just the (6) borrowers but also the silent savers.” The RBI Governor also stressed the need to (7) up the banking system of distressed assets so that it is in a position to fund growth again.To improve the environment of the financial sector, Dr Rajan, elaborated on four aspects; the need to (8) competition and innovation, create a hospitable environment to those who don’t belong to the club, improve structures for dealing with (9) and strengthening human capital.“We have to find ways to deal with the distress in the banking system,” said Dr. Rajan. Regulatory forbearance, where RBI (10) its rules on classifying bad loans, only makes it easy for banks to “extend and pretend.” “It is not a solution.
1. a. subsequent b. sustainable c. complete d. more e. higher
2. a. base b. lending c. inflation d. tax e. lowermost
3. a. development b. agenda c. literacy d. dream e. growth
4. a. right b. wrong c. moderate d. limited e. simple
5. a. work b. task c. element d. point e. power
6. a. dumb b. limited c. vocal d. extra e. powerful
7. a. Raise b. clean c. grow d. wind e. close
8. a. foster b. bring c. create d. hold e. improve
9. a. comfort b. distress c. pain d. stress e. stain
10. a. hardens b. sticts c. softens d. tighten e. firms
1.b 2.c 3.e 4.a 5.b 6.c 7.b 8.a 9.b 10.c