Directions: Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer
1) if the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) if the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) if the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) if the data in both the statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) if the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1. What does ‘Pa’ mean in the code language?
I. ‘Pe Bo Pa’ means ‘Look at me’ and ‘Bo Se Pe Ki means ‘don’t look at him’ in that code language.
II. ‘Ka Ta Ne Pa’ means ‘take me and go’ and ‘Li We Si Pa’ means ‘either me or you’ in that code language
2. How is Seema related to Mangesh?
I. Shalini, the cousin of Mangesh, is the niece of Seema.
II. Sulekha, Seema’s sister, is the wife of Omkar, Mangesh’s father.
3. What is Shekhar’s rank in the class of 40?
I. Samir, who is 9th from the top in the class is above shailendra by 12 ranks who is below shekhar by 5 ranks.
II. Nilesh, who is between Shekhar and Sudhanshu, is 15th from the bottom.
4. P, Q, R, S and T hold different ranks. Who among them ranks the lowest?
I. S is two ranks below R, who is not the highest in the rank.
II. P is higher in rank than S but below than Q and T in rank.
5. Who among A, B, C, D and E runs the fastest?
I. B runs faster than E but is not the fastest.
II. C, though does not run as fast as A and B, runs faster than D and E
6. Which year was observed as International Labour’s year?
I. International Labour year was observed in the same year when India undertook five consecutive nuclear tests.
II. India made history when it under took five consecutive nuclear test on 11th May 1998.
7. Alka and Madhu are friends. Which of them is older in age than the other?
I. Alka was born in the first leap year after 1980.
II. Madhu was born in 1983.
8. Which state, Master blaster Sachm Tendulkar belongs to?
I. Sachin and Ajay Jadeja belong to same state.
II. Sachin Tendulkar belong to a state where Congress party rules the government.
9. What is the time now?
I. The sun rises at seven in the morning and sets at six in the evening.
II. Both hands (minute and hour) are at a same point between 11 and 1.
10. Who is tallest among Tarun, Barun, Vinod, Kishore and Maya?
I. Barun is taller than Maya but not as tall as Kishore, who is taller than Vinod.
II. Tarun is taller than Maya.