[/expand]Directions: Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer
1) if the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) if the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) if the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) if the data in both the statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) if the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
21. What will be the total weight of 8 stones, each of the same weight?
I. One-fourth of the weight of each stone is 2 kg.
II. The total weight of five stones is 16 kilogrames more than the total weight of three stones.
22. How many children does A have?
I. B is the only daughter of C who is the wife of A.
II. D and E are sons of A.
I. M is the brother of P and T is the sister of P.
II. P’s mother is married to S’s husband who has one son and two daughters. Answer
24. How many children are there in the row of children facing north?
I. A who is tenth from the left end is fourth to the left of B who is seventeenth from the right end.
II. C is second to the left of D who is thirteenth from the right end and eighteenth from the left end.
25. How many pages of book X did Vishal read on Saturday?
I. The book has 150 pages out of which three-fifth were read by him before Saturday.
II. Vishal read the last 25 pages of the book on the morning of Sunday.
26. What is Himaksh’s position in a row of 12 children?
I. Manoj is fourth to the left of Ravi; Himaksh is seventh to the right of Narendra.
II. Himaksh is fifth to the right of Ravi; Manoj is third to the left at Narendra which is at one end.Answer
27. Are some boys students?
I. Some students are teachers; All teachers are boys.
II. Some teachers are students; All boys are teachers.Answer
28. Among M, N, O, P and R, P is taller than how many people?
I. O is taller than M but shorter than R, who is not taller than P.
II. N is not the tallest but is taller than O.Answer
29. Difference of how many day’s is there between the ages of Jagu and Ankit?
I. Ankit was born on 26 and the month was September or October. Jagu was born on October 12.
II. Ankit was 3 months old at his first new year. Both of them were born in the same year.Answer
30. Find the age of Kashvi.
I. Kashvi is more than 3 years older than Sneha. Sneha is 19 years old.
II. The ratio of the ages of Parul and Kashvi is 3 : 5 respectively. Total age of both of them is between 65 to 73 years.Answer